Monday, July 14, 2014

That's me, I'm Fighting Endometriosis, Join Me?

Day after day, I read your stories. Your pleas for someone in the medical community to simply listen, not treat you like you are insane. Pleas for better awareness, any awareness for the disease that has completely changed your life. Pleas for one day of pain relief, to just feel "normal" (whatever that is) for just a day to replenish your faith in yourself, in life. Pleas for someone to simply understand that handing them that gallon of milk is rather impossible because your spoons are gone. Pleas for support, for a loving shoulder to cry on, then a strong hand and heart to lift you back up and help you find your way.

Oddly, your stories, are my story. I don't wear yellow, and endo fighting shirts, or awareness car decals for just you, I wear them for me. A fact that jumps out at me now and then, kinda sneaks up and bites me in the bum. It reminds me, "Hey, you are not just supporting these ladies you love and feel so much for, you wear this for YOU. YOU have this same disease, this fight is YOUR fight,too."

Why do I need to be reminded of this? Because my entire life I have worn this color for that person, and raised money for this person, to help with their fight against cancer or anything else they need help with. For the first time, I'm not just wearing a t-shirt that says "Endo Warrior" "End Endo Pain, We need a Cure" or "Powerful Endo Women" or "Fight Like A Girl Against Endometriosis", for someone else, I'm wearing them for ME. Because in my body hides this disease. It is my life that has changed, it is me that is fighting for a day without pain, a day to be listened to by the medical community and it is me that is looking for support from my fellow Endo Sisters and hoping they can lift me up when I can't seem to find my fighting spirit alone.

A group of women, coming together, working together, lifting each other up, regardless of political, religious, tax bracket differences. They are truly there for each other. Supporting, loving, guiding, answering funny questions with "Oh, wow my body does that too!" and many "TMI" posts with pictures. These ladies have truly joined together to fight this disease, we even have a few Dr's that will freely answer questions posted by members, how awesome is that of him? Dr. Ken Sinervo
has even answered me more than once, and to me, that is amazing. Me, there is that word again. Because as I talk about these amazing women helping each other, I am part of that group. Sending out what we call "Yellow Mail" to each other just to cheer each other up, in hopes it reaches a sister on a day she needs a lil extra love. I am part of that group that helps each other, and I even post TMI posts!

Mother,daughter,sister,friend, and now, this is me, Endometriosis Warrior. I am fighting this disease, it may change my life, but I'm fighting to keep as much the same as possible. Just like cancer, sexual abuse, raising an autistic child while being a bit autistic myself, this will only  make me stronger.

My name is Lynda and I am an Endo Warrior.

My Endo sisters, what a difference you have made in my life. I love each and everyone of you!

FIND A CURE,NO MORE PAIN!


0 comments: