Friday, May 30, 2014

Downside of Flare Up or...

Okay, so for two nights and three days I've not taken any medication for pain. Nor have I used my heat pad for comfort. I still have aches and pains but they are minor and I can live with that. I am not sure if the treatment is actually working, or if my flare up is just down for now. Time will tell as soon as the cycle begins again.


At night I take a hot bath with Epson Salt, soak for half an hour, then I go to my room and watch a movie in bed. Usually as I recline, I feel tugging and pulling sensation in my pelvic area, if I lay on my left side my left hip and thign start to burn and ache. Well last night, neither of those things took place!


The trade off.


Anytime we mess with our hormones there is a ying and yang effect. A good with a the bad. Mine was, like many who have taken this medication, increased anxiety. I have anxiety disorder anyway, but this was down right scary. It started with this overwhelming feeling of doom, a wave of sadness that hit so hard I felt it physically. Then my body started it's panic mode, tensing up between my shoulders then releasing and feeling on alert through out my entire body. I felt I couldn't breathe, and I could not calm down. Milad tried his best, and ususally he can help me remain calm, but it was out of control this time. :( Finally, at three in the morning, I took THREE klonopin and a promethazine and by five I had fallen asleep, only to suffer from the anxiety in panic attack form in my sleep. I woke several times gasping for air and terrified to even reach for my phone to check the time.


I talked to my Dr this morning and he assures me this would settle in a week or so. So will the trade off be worth the possible remission of Endometriosis for a while? I'm not sure. So far, anxiety, insomnia, nausea.headache by evening time, and loss of appetite. For now, I'm hopeful these will subside or at least lessen enough for the trade off to be worth it.


I felt very little pain this morning, so I spent an hour dancing in the kitchen and dining room with Cyan as we sang along to our favorite songs. Love that girl, and talk about medicine for the soul. :D I was even able to get my lil guy to do the two step and Texas three step with me for a bit!


Here is to a good day, for a spoonie! I am sitting on the sofa, typing on my blog, enjoying my coffee and I'm in regular clothes, not my too big scrubs! Woohoo! Lynda one, itchy itchy moses (endometriosis) zero today.

0 comments: