Monday, June 2, 2014

Return of the Ugly Truth about Endo

The demon has returned, and it is back with a vengeance. I started Sprintec Thursday night, and I felt great Friday,Saturday and Sunday. I even went out all day and evening Saturday and was fine Sunday. I had forgotten what that felt like!

But today, as I stepped out of the shower, the familiar ripping, tearing feeling shot through my pelvis, as though my leg fell off. As I dried myself noticed my back was sore, my kidneys were tender, my pelvis hurt, and I had spasms and cramps starting. Then, ten minutes later as I was in my room, the pain hit on the right side shooting across to my lower abs and to the floor I went with a wave of nausea and pain searing through my body. Hello endo flare with my cycle, how I have missed you. NOT! Now, I'm on the sofa, feeling like my insides are being twisted, pulled, and pushed out of me. The pressure is like that of back labor and later months of pregnancy. My body hates me today.


So, today, my entire body is affected, from exhaustion, pain and nausea. But, I had three days of no pain, three days of no worry, three amazing days. So here is to hoping that after this cycle the sprintec will hold my next cycle back and maybe, I will get a week or two weeks of no pain.


Until then, my fav Winnie the Pooh blanket,hot water bottle for tummy, heating bad for lower back, pills for nausea, coffee for my headache, and encouragement from my support team. One of which is the most unlikely, in my thoughts, but he is doing a great job making me laugh and find humor in the situation. :D

The laugh is on endo, because I had three days of pain free fun, and I used them wisely, and will hold fast to the warm memories and laughter of those three days of no pain, no bloating so I cold wear regular clothes, and enjoying a movie with my family pain free, and some sun with my family pain free, and had a wonderful time!


Hang in there my endo sisters and fellow spoonies. For though hell has come knocking on the door again, I will enjoy the sweet taste of pain free three days, that held awesome memories.


Sincerely,

Gloves up,keep fighting, Endo Girl


0 comments: