Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Other Side Of Me

As I sit and watch the sun give way to the moon,
I can feel it inside, the caged woman will emerge soon.
For so long now she has laid to sleep, in the deepest parts of me,
She can hear everything, and there is nothing she can't see.
From her place, in my mind and heart, she awaits,
for the time when she must emerge and change the fates.
Do not mistake my silence thus far for weakness or fear,
I have simply kept this side of me enclosed, but the time is near.
She will once again stand up , and shake off the dust which is you,
and once again, she will shine through.
For I can only hold her back for so long before she comes to light,
sometimes I hold her back only a little, others with all my might.
Strong, and able to stand alone is she,
soon you will understand, all this time, she was me.
Simply kept at bay to keep things calm, easy going,
little did you know of the anger and hurt you were sowing.
Now what will you do, when she comes forth to speak,
when at last you and the strongest, darkest part of me meet?

0 comments: