Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hello :)

Hello, and welcome to my new blog. I'd like to thank Mary for encouraging me to pick blogging back up, and sharing my story. I also like to thank Poli for always telling me to TALK and share what I feel and what is happening.


To start, I am somewhat new to the Endo world. Though it has been determined I've had endo since I was about 14 years old, I was only given a diagnosis August of 2013. I  had a hysterectomy September of 2013, leaving only one ovary. I was told I was "cured" by the Dr that did the surgery. Later, after two months, the pain returned, that is when I started talking, researching, learning, that endo does not have a cure.  She started me on Lupron Depot Feb 24,2014, when I called to ask if extreme pain was normal  two weeks after the shot, I was told no, it works right away, take advil. I felt turned away, after my endo sisers on twitter told me it takes time for the Lupron to work and it actually makes things worse before they get better. So I started to understand the frustration that come with this diagnosis. Dr's that give up on you, people not understanding, and pain that you wish you could just turn if off and be "normal" the way they want you to.


You learn who your friends are, who is not going to stick around. It puts a huge strain on your relationships, your work life, your ability to do, well anything really. Plans are made, and plans are often broken.


I met wonder women on twitter, endo sisters that have answered all my questions better than any Dr could or would. Support and love, and most of all, a feeling of belonging! I belong to a group called Spoonies, I love the spoon theory and have adapted it into my life. I spend my spoons wisely.


Please stick around, as I embark on getting this in order and adding more content.


Have a beauitful Tuesday!

0 comments: